We’re excited to announce that LYNC has partnered with Lighthouse to help game developers store in-game assets as NFTs and to store the whole game in a decentralized manner. This collaboration will allow game developers to store their game assets permanently on InterPlanetary File System (IPFS) and Filecoin, a decentralized storage network.
LYNC is a GameFi infrastructure that allows game developers to launch their first game on any blockchain in less than 2 minutes. It has received validation from Web 3.0 industry experts such as Consensys Team, Outlier Ventures CTO, Aron van Ammers, SAGA, Polygon, Shardeum, Celo, Syscoin, ZK Sync, Chainlink, Lighthouse, Spheron, Filecoin, and many more. Our goal is to simplify and make blockchain gaming accessible to everyone without hampering the gaming experience. We are building go-to industry standards SDKs that work seamlessly in most game engines, plug, and play.
Lighthouse is a perpetual file storage protocol that allows game developers to pay once for their files and store them forever. Traditionally, users need to recurrently keep track and pay for the file storage after every fixed interval of time, but Lighthouse manages this for them, making sure that user files are stored forever.
Decentralized storage is important in blockchain gaming for several reasons:
- Security: Decentralized storage systems, such as IPFS and Filecoin, distribute data across multiple nodes in a network, making it much more difficult for hackers to access or corrupt the data. This ensures that game assets and transactions are secure and cannot be tampered with.
- Censorship-resistance: Decentralized storage systems are not controlled by any central authority, meaning that they are not subject to censorship or control by governments or other entities. This ensures that game assets and transactions are accessible to everyone, regardless of their location or political climate.
- Durability: Decentralized storage systems such as IPFS and Filecoin are designed to be highly durable, meaning that data is stored redundantly across multiple nodes and can survive even if some of the nodes fail. This ensures that game assets and transactions are always available and can be accessed even in the event of system failures or other disruptions.
- Ownership: With the use of decentralized storage, players have true ownership of their in-game assets and can be confident that the assets will remain accessible to them forever.
- Interoperability: Decentralized storage systems such as IPFS and Filecoin are designed to be interoperable with different blockchain networks, which allows for seamless transfer of assets between different blockchain networks, making it possible for players to take their in-game assets and use them across different games and even different metaverses.
This partnership between LYNC and Lighthouse will provide game developers with a one-stop solution for storing their in-game assets as NFTs and storing the whole game in a decentralized manner. With LYNC’s powerful SDK and Lighthouse’s decentralized storage solution, game developers can now ensure that their game assets are stored permanently and can be accessed at any time in the future. This is a huge step forward for the gaming industry and we’re excited to see what the future holds.
Quote from LYNC CEO: Decentralized storage is becoming increasingly important in the world of gaming, as it allows for true ownership and control of virtual assets by players. With traditional centralized storage, there is always the risk of data loss or censorship. LYNC, in partnership with Lighthouse, is making decentralized storage a reality for game developers.
Quote from Lighthouse CEO: What Lync is doing with their GameFi Infrastructure will enable game developers with mass distribution, a source of revenue powered by web3.
Let’s connect to leverage the best GameFi Infrastructure, which is easy to integrate, fast & secure to help game developers to focus on game development. Let’s LYNC!